Monday, June 06, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

  1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you.
    I prefer cotton blend yarn as it will be more suitable with the weather here in Malaysia. I have not tried Red Heart and Lion Brand as it is not available in this part of the world.

  2. Do you spin? Crochet?
    I don’t spin but I do some crochet. I’m attempting to crochet a top at the moment.

  3. Do you have any allergies?
    Not really allergic to any fiber, but I don’t really like smoke or strong perfume cause I do have Allergic Rhintis.

  4. How long have you been knitting?
    I have been knitting for almost 5 years now.
  5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
    I don’t have an Amazon or other wish list because I can’t really figure out what I really one. When I see something nice I just fell in love.

  6. What’s your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
    My favourite scent should be Lavender and any sweet fruits scents such as orange, dewberry, strawberry etc.

  7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
    I adore chocolates (not white chocolates) especially those with nuts.

  8. What other crafts or Do-It Yourself things do you like to do?
    Currently only actively doing knitting and crochet. I might try my hands on beading if I can find the time.

  9. What kind of music to you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3 (if you buddy wants to make you a CD)
    I like more to sentimental and love songs. No preferable on singers as long as it is nice. Definitely no rock music for me.

  10. What’s your favourite color? Or do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
    I love pastel colors, such as pink and sea blue, lavender (any pastel colors) I don’t really like bright colors such as orange or bright red.

  11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
    There are only 3 of us in the family, just a small one (me and my hubby and not forgetting my pet kitty, Baby)

  12. What are your life dreams?
    I will like to have my own yarn shop. Have all those nice yarn I can knit and if possible more time to knit too.

  13. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with?
    Don’t really have preferable on this, as long as the yarn is easy to knit and doesn’t splits. Not forgetting something suitable for Malaysia weather which is warm.

  14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
    Arcylics

  15. What is/are your current knitting obssession/s?
    I like lacey and cables stuff. With lace or cables I can really concentrate and not get bored too fast.

  16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
    I love to knit tank top which is wearable in Malaysia.


  17. What are you knitting right now?
    I’m knitting and crocheting a top at the moment

  18. What do you think about ponchos?
    Would love to try to knit them, but I think I wouldn’t have a chance to wear it here in Malaysia because the weather here might be to warm for ponchos.

  19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
    Definitely would be straight needles

  20. Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
    Most of my needles are bamboos. Bamboos is easy to grip and not slippery too.

  21. Are you a sock knitter?
    I’m not a sock knitter and I don’t think I will ever try to knit a pair of sock.

  22. How did you learn to knit?
    I learn knitting from my mom and some are self-taught by referring to books and websites.

  23. How old is your oldest UFO?
    My oldest UFO is about 4 months (not really that old). Normally, I will finish one FO before I start another one. I don’t really like to see my UFO lying around.

  24. What is your favourite animated character or a favourite animal/bird?
    I love dolphins

  25. What is your favourite holiday?
    I love to visit Japan yarn shop if ever get the chance.

  26. Is there anything that you collect?
    Not into collection. Does yarn stashing considered as collection too. My yarn stash is getting bigger.

  27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
    Previously I did subscribe Vogue Knitting, but recently I have stop because now it is available in the book store. But I do love to have Interweave Knits as it is hard to find a copy here.

  28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
    Would really like to get a copy of Scarf Style.

1 comment:

knitsofun said...

hi, i'm a beginner in crochet but its hardly to find any yarn store in kuala lumpur. can you please tell me some place that sell yarns? thanks.