Saturday, October 15, 2005

Patient

Thanks for all the compliments on the VK Bolero. Too bad I don't get to wear it out. I have given it to one of my close friend. I hope bolero will fits her well and she will like it.

I've started another new project. This time is the Madli's Shawl from IK Summer 2004. I'm knitting it with Knitpicks Alpacca Cloud in Sand colour tone. I've only 2 skeins of this yarn and the pattern requires about 1,000m of lace weight yarn, so I guess I won't have enough of yarn. As a result, I have to omit the Nupp in the pattern and replace it with just a stockinnette stitch instead.

Knitting this shawl with alpacca cloud is really testing my patient (I'm a very impatient person). Whenever I knit something I will love to see the outcome immediately. But with the lace on alpacca cloud, I can't really see much out of it. You can judge for yourself, not tempting at all.

I wanted badly to see how it will turns out after blocking so I decided to block out one of the border. As I have not enough yarn, I knitted both the border first so that I don't have to worry how much yarn to be save for the border. I don't want to waste my time to knit up something I don't like later on. So here is the block border, turns out smoothly don't you think?

Well, still a long way to go before the end, hope that I have enough yarn and I can complete it before end of next month (before my birthday). At least I have a FO to compliment myself on my birthday.


7 comments:

mona said...

Hi Doreen - your madli's look good. if you don't have enough yarn, just make a few less repeats. I thought of leaving out the nupps but I find it looks better on. Try it ! you might like it :)
Mona

Anonymous said...

That lace border looks great. I have the same concerns about knitting lace -- not seeing the real results until after some serious blocking.

handknit168 said...

I love yr lace. I knit lace also, it only looks great after blocking. Like u, I always eager to make block after knitted a few inches to look for the result.
Please read my blog and add into yours. tks.

Vivian said...

The lace border is nice. Like Mona, I hope you could keep the nupps and maybe leave some repeats out. Can't wait to see it finished.

yuvee said...

Hehe...lace with laceweight yarn usually looks less than impressive pre-blocking. Good luck, I know you can knit very fast ;)I'm sure it'll be done before the big day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doreen, your lace look great,plus ur wed pic aww its gorgoeus !! happy knitting

Anonymous said...

Hey Doreen- I think Madili looks great! I've started this shawl a couple of times and have been really picky as to what yarn I've tried it in. I think I've found one I like and need to restart it...AGAIN. I hate those little nupps though!