Friday, January 12, 2007

First Post For 2007

This is my first post since the New Year. I hope it is not too late to wish you all a Happy New Year.

You must have notice that I have not been blogging. The internet connection is poor. Sometimes I can't even surf at all. Two days ago, I manage to download some photos in Blogger but I can't blog. It took me ages just to open the posting page. It is really frustrating.

To cut stories short, here is my Martha finish last year. The last piece of the year. I try to modelled in it, but the photos taken by hubby doesn't turn out nice, its pretty gloomy. To compensate, here is Martha on the mannequin. (It is still gloomy but I swear this is much much better then the one hubby took)

The is another long winded project. I think it took me almost a month to finish this one which I can't really complain cause I have alternate it between the baby set. I've used up almost 6 balls of Rowan 4 ply cotton only a few yards to spare. Luckily, I've headed you girls comment to shorten the sleeves. If I had follow the full instrustions, I bet I won't have enough yarn. Lesson learned, to buy yarn only when you know what you wanted to knit it (which I doubt I can follow, LOL).

I love the shaping of the neckline. Here is the closer look of the neckline.

Currently, knitting is pretty slow. I've started 3 projects. You must be surprised. Me with 3 projects but the progress of the 3 is real slow. I just can't concentrate on any knitting nowadays. I'll post some photos on the progress once the connection is back to normal. I hope it will be real soon.

Till then take care.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh pretty!! love the orangy color =)

opportunityknits said...

It's so pretty and well made, one of those cardigans that will become a favourite. I have been having days of not being able to post to blogger too!

Peggy said...

Pretty! I like the neckline too. It's different but not too fashion forward.

handknit168 said...

the neckline is nice. Have to learn the rule : buy yarn for what you want to knit. But very difficult.

Anonymous said...

I'm just popping in encourage you to keep up with your blogging. You are an excellent knitter and I love reading about your country and your adventures. From Irene in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Anonymous said...

Pretty - as always a job well done!

Lily said...

I love the texture on this cardigan. Hopefully, you will be able to take photo with you wearing it soon :)

Mimi said...

It's nice to have you back! Martha looks very pretty and I like the squarish neckline.

Vivian said...

Shorter sleeves look pretty nice on it and much more suitable for our weather here. The colour is really nice and suit for the pattern. Great job. Love it.

Jackie said...

Nice finishing. Love it.

Can u see my drooling........