Friday, May 19, 2006

Knitting & Crochet Too

My knitting has been stagnant for a while. Knitting a dress is not really fun after all. After a while, I guess I got bored and it has been left aside. It did cross my mind to give up the whole project. Hubby insist that I'll keep it aside and start something else if it really bored me. Anyway I've finished the cables pattern and it will be such a waste of time if I really give up. So, I decided to leave it in my basket for a week.

Only last week, I decided to pick the dress up from from where I left it and start knitting again. Well, obviously the urge to complete it is faster this time. So by last Saturday I've successfully completed the back piece. Now, I only need to boost up my knitting speed to complete the whole project. Well, it still has a long way to go. So far, I've only completed knitting 4 out of 12 cables repeat.

While, I was not knitting I decided to try my hands on crochet again. Its one of the design in the Summer 2006 World of Knits. I managed to finish the back side as well. I'll continue with the front side once the knitted dress is complete.

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Both projects look terrific!
I agree with you, it's hard to keep interest in a project that takes long time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the dress looks awesome! The crochet project looks great as well.

opportunityknits said...

Doreen, the back looks so lovely. When you are running out of steam for the front, just visualise how it will look when done :)
the crochet looks interesting. will check the book to see what you're making. Have fun!

Sally said...

Gasp! IT IS lovely! Hurry and finish the dress and we'll have another meet to admire it in person.

Unknown said...

This dress is going to be so gorgeous. I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Ruth said...

wow, that dress is so pretty! yea, i agree, can't wait to see you finish it and wear it! =)

Vivian said...

The back of the dress you knitted is pretty and the new crochet top too, nice.

emy said...

The dress is looking good!