Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely
*not* like?
I like to knit with cotton blend yarn which is more suitable for our weather here in Malaysia which is hot and humid. I also love to knit shawl and scarf with lace or fingering weight yarn. Most of my yarn is in fingering and sport weight. I prefer to knit with them more then worsted or bulky weight.

What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
At the moment, I store my straight needles in a vase I got from IKEA and I'm still looking around for a circular needle case to store my circulars.

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your
skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'm not sure myself now, how long I have been knitting. I learned knitting from my mom and
the rest I pick up from books. I consider my skill level is intermediate to advance.

Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I don't have any now but I'll create one on my side bar soon. So look out for it.

What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I'm don't like scented candles but I do like sweet scents like lavendar and any fruity scents.

Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love dark chocolates or any chocolates with fruits and nuts (definately no no to white chocolates).

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I think I'm not a creative person, most of my knitting is straight from books with instructions. (I use to design my own pattern but with all the new books around, I think it is easier to knit straight from the books). So, beside knitting I still do a bit of crocheting. Not into spinning at the moment.

What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD?
I love sentimental and love songs and most of the time I listen to musis from my computer or MP3.

What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pastels colours. No bright colours for me i.e. orange and red.

What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I stay with my hubby and I do have a kitty pet call Baby.

Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves but not hats, mittens or ponchos. Guess this is not suitable for me in this weather.

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit lacy tops, scaves and shawls. At least lace won't get me bored and I can stay more focus.

What are you knitting right now?
Nothing in progress rite now. I'm frogging at the moment. I'm planning though, will post on my blog once it is in progress.

Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Not so much into handmade gifts but I do appreciate it.

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Previously, I prefer straight to circulars but for the past one year I find that circulars are easier to handle. Therefore, now I can say that I prefer circulars more than straight. I prefer my circulars in aluminium.

Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I just bought a yarn winder and still waiting for it to arrive. I don't own a swift, probably will get hubby to make a simple one for me if I ever needed it.

How old is your oldest UFO?
At the moment I don't have any UFO.

What is your favorite holiday?
My favourite holiday will be yarn shopping. Been pestering hubby to go on holidays so I can get more yarn.

Is there anything that you collect?
Is yarn consider a collection? My stash is growing.

Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm dying to have a set of Knitpicks Interchangeable needles. As for the rest I'll post it on my side bar soon. I subscribe to Interweave Knits but I'm going to stop once the subcriptions end.

Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I love to learn more about crocheting as I find my stitches are not even.

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I'm not a sock knitter as I seldom wear it here in Malaysia and my foot measurements is 36.

When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November, 24th

No comments: