Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sometimes One Is Just Not Enough

I have not been blogging for a while. Nothing much to write I assume, as not much knitting have been done and life is normal. Before I forget, thank you so much for all the compliments on the vest. All the compliments really brighten my day.

During the non-blogging period, I managed to finish the Diamond Fantasy Shawl by Sivia Harding. This is knitted with Knitpicks Bare - Merino Wool Fingering Weight. I only have 1 skein of the yarn so the scarf actually turns out quite small. Here it is before blocking.

And this is how it looks like after blocking.

I think I better not start knitting any new project anymore. There is still another UFO. Sometimes it is really hard to stick to only one project. With all the new knitting books I've got myself, it is really tempting to start something new. Yes, I've bought some new books again.

I also managed to grab a copy of World of Knits, Autumn and Winter issue yesterday from the local book store.

I'll post more in the next post.

8 comments:

Laura.Y said...

u know among us all, u probably have the most discipline in sticking to ur projects :D Lovely WIP as usual :)

opportunityknits said...

It's so beautiful! You have been knitting such pretty white knits lately. I couldn't resist and started a little somthing in white too.

handknit168 said...

Nice shawl. You really like the Japanese knitting books.

Lily said...

Wow! I envy your Japanese pattern book collection. As for the shawl, nice work as usual

Mimi said...

I think you are going to have a good wear of your new mini-shawl. It looks very nice in white colour.

I have almost all the Japanese books you got, except the summer one. Have you selected your designs to knit yet? Did you like the new World knitting. I am still waiting for the book to arrive here.

Unknown said...

wow so many jap mags...wish we have that good of selections here. anything nice? sorry your shawl turned out too small. but it's still pretty i think.

R a i n said...

Lovely shawl. Doesn't seem that small though...a good variation from the usual.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful shawl! I'm thinking of making myself a shawl, probably the Shetland Triangle.