Wednesday, January 30, 2008

First One For 2008

I hope I'm not too late to wish everyone Happy New Year. I have not been blogging for almost 3 months already. The last post was in October 2007. Time really flies. I have not been really crafty this couple of months. I don't have any mood to knit at all but have been doing some crochet instead. I've completed this doily crochet bolero below.

Pattern Source Yarn : Japanese Book Let's Knit Series (ISBN 4-529-04209)
Yarn : DMC Petra - Pearl White (3 + balls)
Needle Size : Japanese Needle Size 2/0
Completion Date : January 2008

The construction of this bolero is quite unique. The bolero is a combination of two doily together joining it side by side. Thereafter it is folded up to "L" shape and the sleeves is crochet out from one of the border. First look at the chart is really very tricky but after crocheting it for a while you will get addicted to it.

I still don't have any mood to knit at the moment. Time is spend doing crochet. At the moment I'm attempting one of the crochet cardigan in The World of Knits 2004. Spring is approaching and Im really looking forward for all the new japanese crochet book to be out.

Before I end this post, I like to wish you all HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR and may the year of the RAT bring you happiness and good health.
GONG XI GONG XI, GONG XI FA CAI

4 comments:

hortenzita said...

Welcome back and happy New Year to you, too. Your crocheted bolero is so cute. Good job!

Laura.Y said...

Nice :) Happy New Year to you too!

Judy said...

Happy New Year! I love this bolero! I love to crochet, too.

Vinita said...

The crocheted doily bolero is just awesome !! Reminds me of the pineapple doilies I've been making.